Rights and Responsibilities:
Being an Effective School Rights Advocate for Children with Juvenile Arthritis (JA)
Live Webinar • Thursday, September 1st • 7:30 – 9:00PM
School districts are required to provide a range of educational support services to help students with juvenile arthritis (JA) and other childhood rheumatic diseases make meaningful progress. Understanding your child’s rights and the school’s responsibilities will help you be a powerful advocate for your child. Get the facts and advocacy tips from Heidi Konkler-Goldsmith, Esq. a supervising partner with McAndrews Law Offices, a firm that has been providing legal services in special education and disability law for over 30 years.
You’ll learn about:
- the laws that protect students with disabilities
- the obligations of the school vs what’s at the school’s discretion
- 504 and IEP plans and what’s best for your child
- practical approaches to conflict resolution and mediation
- your rights and how to protect your child in matters related to bullying
Click here for more information and to register!
For more information on Juvenile Arthritis, click here!