March 29, 2017 from 6:00-8:00 PM
Hosted by The Arc of Lehigh and Northampton Counties
2289 Avenue A, Bethlehem PA
Presented by: Elaine Yandrisevits, J.D., LL.M., (Taxation),
McAndrews Law Offices, P.C., Estates, Trusts & Wealth Transfer Department
ABLE Act Overview
(Achieving a Better Life Experience)
Ms. Yandrisevits is an associate attorney at McAndrews Law Offices in the Estate & Trusts Department.
This presentation is open to previous attendees, as well as to anyone new who would like to know more about this special needs planning tool. Modeled after 529 college savings accounts, ABLE will allow eligible persons to open tax-free savings accounts that will not risk their eligibility for government programs.
- Who is eligible/How do you qualify/What are the requirements?
- What are the differences in ABLE accounts & a Special Needs Trusts?
- Which is preferable, when, and why?
- Is it possible to have both?
- Will opening an ABLE account hurt social security or Medicaid services?
- How much money can be put into an ABLE account? Can there be more than one account? What else do I need to know before making a decision to open an account?
This event is free and open to the public - but you must register! Please RSVP to Ramona Neidig at 610-849-8076, ext. 325 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Email registration preferred. When registering, please indicate your county of residence & state whether or not you have attended a previous ABLE Act workshop.
Note: As we went to press with this newsletter, ABLE accounts were not yet underway in PA. The presenter will review ABLE details and will also discuss any new developments since her presentation at The Arc in November. Our conference room was packed for this topic, so please register ASAP!