Anthony L. Marone, Esquire
Mr. Marone is an Associate of McAndrews Law Offices, P.C., and has extensive experience representing elderly and disabled individuals in a variety of matters involving Medical Assistance benefits, wills and trusts, estate planning, decedents’ estates, guardianship, and Special Needs Trusts. He has pursued cases on behalf of his clients in a variety of forums including Orphans’ Court, Pennsylvania’s Commonwealth Court, Federal Court, as well as administrative hearings. He successfully litigated matters involving Medicaid Qualifying Annuities, Medical Assistance eligibility, eligibility of aliens for public benefits, distributions from Special Needs Trusts, and guardianships of intellectually disabled and mentally ill individuals.
Prior to joining McAndrews Law Offices, P.C., Mr. Marone was an Assistant Counsel in the Office of General Counsel to the Governor of Pennsylvania. For seven years he represented various agencies of the Department of Public Welfare and was the Department’s primary litigator and appellate attorney for both Medical Assistance Long-Term Care issues and Special Needs Trusts issues in all of the counties of eastern Pennsylvania. He advised the Department on numerous policy decisions and reviewed multiple bills from the Pennsylvania Legislature. Mr. Marone was a sole practicing attorney in Philadelphia prior to joining the Department and has extensive experience in wills, estates, probate, guardianship, bankruptcy and family law matters.
Mr. Marone served as a member of the Pennsylvania Army National Guard from 1984 to 2007. His military specialty was intelligence analysis and he held a top-secret security clearance. After the September 11th terrorist attacks, Mr. Marone was deployed overseas as part of Operation Enduring Freedom and was responsible for analyzing the threat situation, tracking terrorist activities, advising the Command on multiple operations, and security. He was also mobilized with the Pennsylvania Guard for every natural disaster in southeastern Pennsylvania from 1984 to 2007 and was deployed to Louisiana for Operation Katrina Relief. He retired from the military in 2007. Mr. Marone is currently a Veterans Administration Accredited Attorney.
Mr. Marone continually lectures at venues across Central and Easter Pennsylvania. He is a frequent speaker on Special Needs Trust and Medicaid issues for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute.
Mr. Marone is a lifelong resident of Philadelphia. He is retired from the military and is a veteran. Mr. Marone remains active in veterans’ issues and is a member of several veteran’s organizations.
- Temple University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1993
- Drexel University, B.S. (dual degree in History and Political Science), Magna Cum Laude, 1990
Honors & Affiliations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Military Awards include the Meritorious Service Medal, the Army Commendation Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters, the Army Achievement Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters, the Humanitarian Service Medal for Operation Katrina Relief, the Armed Forces Reserve Medal with “M” device, the NATO Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Medal, and the Pennsylvania Commendation Medal.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Special Needs Trusts
- Medical Assistance (Nursing Home and Waiver eligibility)
- Orphans’ Court Litigation
- Estate Planning and Estate Administration