Dennis C. McAndrews, Esquire
Founder & Managing Partner
Dennis C. McAndrews is the founder and Managing Partner of McAndrews Law Offices, P.C.
Mr. McAndrews regularly represents families and individuals in a variety of areas, including special education matters, estate planning, estate administration, special needs trusts, guardianship, estate planning, right-to-treatment cases and abuse cases. He has developed a national reputation in Estate Planning, Estate Administration and representation of persons with special needs.
He is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Elder Law Section Council. He served as Executive Director and Staff Counsel to two select committees of the Pennsylvania State Senate which evaluated Pennsylvania’s system of care for persons with disabilities and drafted proposed legislation designed to modernize Pennsylvania’s legal basis for the provision of care to the intellectually disabled.
Mr. McAndrews served for fifteen years as a Special Education Hearing Officer for the Pennsylvania Department of Education. He was selected to serve as one of the first special education appellate hearing officers in Pennsylvania. During his seventeen years as a prosecutor in the Philadelphia area, and thereafter in criminal defense matters, he handled many major cases,and was a special prosecutor in the murder trial of Commonwealth vs. John E. duPont.
Mr. McAndrews is an instructor of Civil Rights and Civil Liberties and Criminal Justice at Villanova University. He served for a decade as Chairman of the Disability Law Committee of the Delaware County Bar Association.
- Villanova University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1978
- Villanova University, B.S. (Education), 1975
- Villanova University, B.A. (Political Science), 1975
Honors & Affiliations
- Recipient of the Francesco A. Mascaro Citizenship Award Presented by the Arc Alliance
- Selected, Super Lawyers® (2004 – present)
- Business of the Year Award 2010, Devon Berwyn Business Association
- Possesses the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating, which is the highest possible ranking for professional skill and ethical standards as rated by attorney-peers
- Board of Directors, Mother’s Home (2006 to present)
- Board of Directors, FLITE (2006 to present)
- Office of Dispute Resolution, Stakeholders’ Council (2008 to present)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (2001 to present)
- Exceptional Children Committee, Pennsylvania Bar Association (1991 to present)
- Disability Law Committee, Delaware County Bar Association (1995 to present)
- Past President, Delaware County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Washington, D.C.