Lesley M. Mehalick, J.D., LL.M.
Lesley M. Mehalick is a Shareholder of McAndrews Law Offices, P.C. and the Supervising Partner of the Trusts and Estates department. She concentrates her practice in the areas of estate planning, special needs and disability planning, guardianships, special needs trusts, estate administration and elder law planning.
Ms. Mehalick is experienced in preparing both straightforward and complex estate plans aimed at reducing estate and gift tax implications. She utilizes sophisticated techniques to best effectuate the transfer of wealth from one generation to another, with the objectives of minimizing tax ramifications and achieving the clients’ goals.
Ms. Mehalick regularly assists families in navigating through special needs planning. These efforts include qualifying clients for public benefits, preparing special needs trusts, bringing guardianship proceedings and crafting estate plans to maintain a disabled person’s eligibility for public benefits. She is privileged to counsel clients regarding elder law issues and ways to protect the assets and promote the dignity of loved ones who may require skilled nursing care. She regularly appears in Orphans’ Court and she is a frequent lecturer to both attorneys and families on these topics.
Prior to joining McAndrews Law Offices, P.C., Ms. Mehalick practiced in Northern Virginia with an emphasis in civil litigation, and she has litigated suits in both Virginia and Maryland. She served as the judicial law clerk for the Honorable Stanley P. Klein, Judge of the Fairfax County Circuit Court.
- Villanova University School of Law, LL.M. (Taxation) and Certification in Estate Planning
- George Washington University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A. (Political Science and Spanish), minor in International Studies
Honors & Affiliations
- Philadelphia Estate Planning Council
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Volunteer for Wills for Heroes
- Executive Articles Editor, American Intellectual Property Law Association Quarterly Journal (2000-2001)
- Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Stanley P. Klein, Fairfax County Circuit Court, Fairfax, Virginia (2001-2002)