Tanya A. Alvarado, Esquire
Ms. Alvarado is a Senior Shareholder at McAndrews Law Offices. She was born in Ecuador, South America and is fluent in Spanish. Having two siblings with disabilities, Ms. Alvarado has dedicated her legal career to pursuing the rights of adults and children with disabilities. While at McAndrews Law Offices, P.C., she has concentrated her practice in special education and related civil matters in the administrative process and in federal court. Ms. Alvarado has successfully obtained appropriate educational programs, inclusion of children in the least restrictive environment, tuition reimbursement for private school placements, payment for independent educational evaluations and compensatory education.
Prior to joining McAndrews Law Offices in 2004, Ms. Alvarado worked at the Disabilities Law Project (now Disabilities Rights Network), where she handled federal court matters involving disability-based discrimination and successful integration of children and adults with disabilities into our communities.
Ms. Alvarado enjoys hiking, kayaking, and camping with her husband and two children.
- Boston University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Cornell University, B.A. (Economics)
Honors & Affiliations
- Board of Directors, Disabilities Rights Network of Pennsylvania (2010 – 2015)
- Advisory Board, Reach Out and Read (2006 – 2015)
- Committee Member, Philadelphia Bar Association Legal Rights of Persons with Disabilities (2000 – 2005)
- Special Education
- Civil Litigation