Jacqueline C. Lembeck
Lead Wyomissing, PA Special Education Attorney
Jacqueline C. Lembeck is an attorney at McAndrews, Mehalick, Connolly, Hulse and Ryan P.C. in the Special Education department. She provides thoughtful advice and representation to families of students with disabilities regarding all aspects of special education evaluation, identification, programming, placement and procedure. Ms. Lembeck uses her past experiences representing both parents and school districts to anticipate legal challenges and offer creative solutions to her clients’ concerns. She represents clients in all stages of special education disputes including IEP meetings, mediations, resolution meetings, and administrative due process hearings before the Office for Dispute Resolution, and Federal court appeals.
Ms. Lembeck earned her Juris Doctor, with honors, from Emory University School of Law in Atlanta, Georgia, where she graduated in the top ten percent of her law school class. While in law school, Ms. Lembeck served as a student attorney at the Barton Child Law and Policy Center in the Appeal for Youth clinic. She was awarded the Dean’s Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement for her representation of juveniles in criminal appeals. Prior to law school, she graduated summa cum laude from Villanova University with a Bachelor of Arts in English.
After law school, Ms. Lembeck served as a law clerk and attorney advisor to Administrative Law Judges at the U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Administrative Law Judges in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. She also previously worked in the education law groups of two local law firms representing school districts and intermediate units.
Ms. Lembeck is bar-licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey. She serves on the Young Professionals Board of Girls on the Run of Southeastern Suburban PA, a non-profit organization that provides evidence-based programs to support the physical and emotional development of young girls. Ms. Lembeck resides with her husband, two children, and their rescue dog.
- Emory University School of Law, Juris Doctor with honors
- Villanova University, Bachelor of Arts summa cum laude in English
Honors & Affiliations
- Selected, Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (2022)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Villanova Honors Program Alumni Mentor
- Order of the Coif
- New Jersey
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
Selected Presentations and Publications
- You’re on Mute: Ensuring FAPE & Meaningful Participation in an Increasingly Virtual World
October 14, 2022, PBI Exceptional Children Conference
- Comprehensive Review of Notice Requirements
October 30, 2017, PBI Exceptional Children Conference
- Why Aren’t We Talking about Dyslexia?
January 2017, The ARC of Lehigh/Northampton Counties
- Developing Your Child’s IEP Month by Month
January 2017, The ARC of Lehigh/Northampton Counties, January 2017
- Introduction to Special Education Law
October 07, 2016, PBI Exceptional Children Conference
- Special Education Law for Family Law Practitioners
December 2015, Delaware County Bar Association Family Law Section
- Why Parents Should Think Twice Before Delaying an Initial Evaluation for MTSS/RTI, The LD Source, http://exclusive.multibriefs.com/content/why-parents-should-think-twice-before-delaying-an-initial-evaluation/education)