Jillian Zacks is an attorney with McAndrews Law Offices, P.C., where she concentrates her practice in the areas of Estate Planning, Special Needs Trusts, Guardianship, Estate Administration and Orphans’ Court Matters. Ms. Zacks works in the Pittsburgh Office.
Ms. Zacks represents individuals of varying net worth in the preparation of personalized estate plans. Ms. Zacks has a concentration in special needs planning and provides comprehensive services which may involve preparation of self-funded or third party special needs trusts, powers of attorney or representing individuals seeking to become a guardian of an adult individual with a disability. Ms. Zacks also provides analysis of the use of life insurance products within estate plans, including irrevocable life insurance trusts. She administers estates from death through estate closing, ranging from high net worth clients to insolvent estates. In addition to her estate planning and administration practice, Ms. Zacks represents both individuals and corporate fiduciaries and beneficiaries in Orphans’ Court matters.
Ms. Zacks is active in the community providing educational seminars to families, professionals and fellow attorneys on such topics as Estate Planning, Special Needs Trusts, Transition to Adulthood for an Individual with a Disability, and ABLE Accounts. Her dedication to the community extends beyond speaking and assisting families with planning for the future, she serves as Chair of the Board of Directors of the Arc of Greater Pittsburgh and is the incoming Chair of the Board of Directors of Jewish Family and Community Services of Pittsburgh (JFCS). Additionally, she serves on the Board of Directors of Achieva and is a member of the Pittsburgh Estate Planning Council. Due to her efforts and commitment to the autism community, Ms. Zacks was awarded the prestigious Temple Grandin Award by the Autism Connection of Pennsylvania.
Ms. Zacks resides north of Pittsburgh with her two children.
- Washington University in St. Louis, A.B. (Political Science and Sociology), 1990
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 1993
- Temple University School of Law, Estate Planning Certificate, 1997
Honors & Affiliations
- Allegheny County Bar Association – Probate and Trust Law Section, Tax Law Section and Committee on Law and Disability
- Pennsylvania Bar Association – Past Co-Chair of Statewide Mock Trial Competition (2003-2005)
- Estate Planning Council of Pittsburgh
- Arc of Greater Pittsburgh, Chair of the Board of Directors
- Jewish Family and Community Services of Pittsburgh, Chair-Elect of the Board of Directors
- Achieva, Board Member
- The Pittsburgh Foundation, Professional Advisory Committee
- Friendship Circle of Pittsburgh, Past Board Member
- United Way of Allegheny County 21 & Able, Member of Advisory Committee
- Center for Women, Past Mentor and Volunteer Professional Speaker
- Temple Grandin Award of the Autism Connection of Pennsylvania, 2013 Recipient
- Athena Award, 2015 Nominee