(The ABLE Act – Achieving a Better Life Experience)
FREE Presentation on The ABLE Act
Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 6:00 – 8:30PM
Ms. Yandrisevits as an associate attorney at McAndrews Law offices in the Estate & Trusts department. This presentation is open to previous attendees as well as to anyone new who would like to know more about this special needs planning tool. Modeled after 529 college savings accounts, The ABLE Act will allow eligible persons to open tax-free savings accounts that will not risk their eligibility for government programs.
Although signed into federal law in 2014, ABLE accounts are not yet available in Pennsylvania. However, they’re coming soon. Once the PA ABLE bill passed into law in April, the PA Department of the Treasury began planning for implementation, hopefully within 6 months.
Please join us for an Overview of The ABLE Act. Talking points will include:
- Who is eligible/How do you qualify/What are the requirements in The ABLE Act?
- What are the differences in ABLE accounts & a Special Needs Trusts?
- Which is preferable, when, and why?
- Is it possible to have both?
- Will opening an ABLE account hurt social security or Medicaid services?
- How much money can be put into an ABLE account? Can there be more than one account? What else do I need to know before making a decision to open an account?
This event is free, but you must register. Please RSVP to Ramona Neidig at 610-849-8076, ext. 25 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Email registration is preferred. Please indicate your county of residence & whether you are a family member or a professional. First consideration given to families. Thank you.
For more information about The Arc of Lehigh & Northampton Counties, click here!
Click here for Elaine Yandrisevits’ bio!